Corporate Profile■ Company Name: GOOD SMILE COMPANY, INC
■ Established: May 2001.
■ Capital: 3,000,000 Japanese Yen
■ No. of Staff: 65
■ CEO: Takanori Aki
■ Office Location: Good Smile Company Main Office - Tokyo Skytree East Tower 17F, 1-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan
■ Primary Clients: Amazon.com International / Miyazawa Models / Sofmap / Nishino / Max Factory / ShenHua Japan / FREEing / Hobby Stock/ dwango
■ Affilliated Companies: GOODSMILE SHANGHI, LTD. / Ultra Tokyo Connection, LLC / GOODSMILE Logistics & Solutions / ULTRA SUPER PICTURES / GOODSMILE RACING
Business Activities■ Planning, development, production and sale of toys and figures.
■ Advertising, sales consulting and business outsourcing for toys and figures.
■ Package design, advertisement design and web design subcontractors for toys and figures.
■ Planning and production of video and music.
■ Running of showrooms and cafes.
Good Smile Company focuses on the planning, production and manufacturing of figures, toys and accessories. We work with the very best in the industry to plan out the best possible projects, backed up with advanced technology to bring the most detailed products through each and every stage of their production. The planning, sculpting and production are each checked constantly to ensure the final product lives up to the Good Smile Company name.
Beyond the careful craftsmanship of our products, there is also a team of experts dedicated to advertising and business management, who ensure that all products are released in perfect order.
In recent years, we have also started expanding into the overseas market, as well as teaming up with foreign artists to release collaboration products. We also run an anime-themed cafe called the Good Smile & Karaoke no Tetsujin Cafe.
· 2001/05: Good Smile Company Co., Ltd. is established in Shinmatsudo, Matsudo City.
The business focuses on artist management, event planning and video production.
· 2001/06: Formed a cooperative business agreement with Max Factory Co., Ltd.
· 2002/01: Started planning and production of OEM toys.
· 2003/11: The new accessory division, 'dicokick' starts operations.
· 2003/12: Company moves to the Maynard Building in Matsudo.
· 2004/08: First appearance at the Wonder Festival event run by Kaiyodo. Haven’t missed an event since!
· 2004/09:The 1/8th scale Nemu Asakura goes on sale as the first ever Good Smile Company branded figure.
· 2005/04: Good Smile Company products are distributed to hobby stores for the first time.
· 2005/08: Event displays are now always met with the 'WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!!' slogan.
· 2006/02: The start of the Nendoroid series. The very first Nendoroid ' Nendoroid Neko Arc : Convert! Grumbling Face Edition' is sold at WonFes.
· 2006/06: Company moves to the Tsuchiya Building in Matsudo Honcho.
· 2007/02: The 'Asa Made Live WonHobby TV' begins. The live talks to people after WonFes and gets their opinions on the event.
· 2007/03: First appearance at the Tokyo International Anime Fair.
· 2007/03: The company blog, 'Mikatan Blog' is started. This causes a trend with various other hobby sites to start a blog run by a woman.
· 2007/09: The 'Shuraki' products are developed as original content. Each contains a figure, drama CD and booklet to accompany the figure.
· 2008/01:Max Factory begins the figma series. 'Superhero Haruhi' is included as a bonus to a game.
· 2008/03: Nendoroid Miku Hatsune is a huge hit. (By the end of 2010, over a hundred thousand had been sold.)
· 2008/02: The talent management division, 'WHOOPEE' starts operations.
· 2009/04: Good Smile Racing is established as an associated company. The Miku Hatsune GT car takes part in the SUPER GT series.
· 2010/03: The development of the 'Black Rock Shooter' universe begins. A figure is released, and a DVD of the anime series is distributed for free.
· 2010/08: The Good Smile Cafe opens for business.
· 2010/08: Official sponsorship for the F1 Racer, Kamui Kobayashi begins.
· 2010/09: Company moves to the Matsudo Daiichi Seimei Building in Matsudo Honcho.
· 2010/09: The L.A Secret Studio is established in Los Angeles.
· 2011/03: ‘Nendoroid Miku Hatsune: Cheerful Ver.’ is released to raise funds to help those affected by the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.
· 2011/05: The company celebrates its 10th anniversary in Bellesalle Akihabara. JAM Project sings the official 10th year anniversary song.
· 2011/05: The Cheerful JAPAN! Project is created to raise money for the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami victims.
· 2011/10: Good Smile Shanghai is established.
· 2011/10: A business partnership is formed with 'Tetsujin', opening the Good Smile & Karaoke no Tetsujin Cafe in Akihabara.
· 2011/10: The Miku Hatsune Good Smile BMW is the champion of the SUPER GT 300 series.
· 2011/12: A Good Smile & Karaoke no Tetsujin Cafe branch opens in Taiwan.
· 2012/05: Good Smile Company is changed into a Kabushiki gaisha.
· 2012/07: Company moves to the Tokyo Skytree East Tower 17F
If you're interested in working at Good Smile Company, please take a look at the following page. Please note the recruitment information is only in Japanese at this point, as you need to be fluent in Japanese to apply for these jobs: http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/post/3792/
Good Smile Company Official Distributorshttp://partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/distributors/
Good Smile Company Official International Partner Shopshttp://partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/partnershops/