Once upon a time, the streetcar was the leading player in Tokyo transportation.
At one time, the Toden streetcar was the leading player in Tokyo transportation. With 41 routes across all 23 wards, the Toden streetcar was once integral in moving the people of Tokyo. During preparation for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, many routes were abandoned in the wake of development of other transportation systems, and now only the Toden Arakawa Line remains.
However, even today, memories of the Showa-era Toden streetcar are still within the hearts of many. This product allows you to recreate the Tokyo Toden Type 6000 #6152 streetcar as it was in 1965 as a plastic model kit.
- A plastic model kit of the nostalgic Tokyo Toden Type 6000 streetcar in a large scale previously unheard of.
- Recreate the #6152 streetcar as it was in 1965.
- Window glass and headlights are recreated using a high-quality translucent PET film, giving them a sense of texture.
- The streetcar's characteristic red line and rollsign can be recreated using included water-slide decals. Different variations of the rollsign are included, including rollsigns from when the streetcar was stationed at Aoyama and Arakawa.
- A special display base with a stone-paved design is included.
- The full-color manual features an extensive history and explanation of the design of the Toden Type 6000 #6152 streetcar. (Japanese)